"I'll tell you one thing, it's always better when we're together."
-Jack Johnson

Monday, July 18, 2011

Couponing

I'm not sure if you've ever seen the show Extreme Couponing, but I am totally intrigued by it.  I don't know how these women walk into the store, put hundreds of dollars worth of items in their cart, and walk out paying nothing or even getting money back!  How does that work?  Someone teach me please!  I am a from time to time coupon shopper and I usually only use the ones Target gives you upon getting your receipt.  I started searching the web last night after watching an episode of Extreme Couponing; and I kept thinking this can't be that hard.  I've come to the conclusion that these women spend hours coupon clipping, comparing prices, and looking at ads.  How does anyone have time for this? 

In my search, I did stumble upon a few websites that don't require you to sign your life away and still provide some pretty good coupon links.  The first is http://www.funminnesota.com/coupons.htm.  It has printable coupons for all sorts of fn things to do and see in Minnesota.  Great find!

The other website I really like is http://creativecouponing.com/.  This woman blogs about all sorts of deals, coupons, free things/codes at various stores and restaurants.  She also lays out what sale items cost with various coupons (with links to the coupons) and the final total of the items.  Basically she does all the hard work and gives you links to what you need to print.  I was impressed.

Also, on Shutterfly right now, if you post your project to your blog and email shutterfly, they will send you a $10 off coupon for your next project, so that is exactly what I did.  I know all of you are looking forward to getting my latest project in the mail. :)

I'm not saying I'm going to become the next "extreme couponer", but I may start using them just a little bit more.  Nerdy as it sounds, it may be a bucket list item of mine to walk into a store and walk out with cartloads of free items...we'll have to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment